Accessibility is one of SCSY’s top priorities: we wish to provide the benefits of SCSY to as many college students as possible, regardless of their financial background. This year, we are offering several options to alleviate the financial burden of traveling and participating in our conference.
FINANCIAL AID POLICIES
- All SCSY financial aid is need-based.
- All applications are due by August 26, 2018 and will be considered on a rolling basis. We are unable to process requests after August 26, 2018.
- The confidentiality and privacy of all submitted information and documents will be respected. You may redact sensitive information from submitted information such as bank account numbers and social security details.
- Financial aid applications will only be considered after registration. Please first register and then apply for financial aid.
- At this point, we are unable to cover airfare or other transport costs.
- Delegations and delegates receiving financial aid must attend all committee sessions. Otherwise, they risk being ineligible for future financial aid awards.
- All delegations applying for financial aid are expected to make and show evidence of fundraising efforts.
- All financial aid applicants agree to these policies by applying.
Please contact Henry Suckow ziemer, DG OF OPERATIONS,
scsy.dG.OPERATIONS@yira.org with any questions or requests.
Breaking Boundaries Award
The Breaking Boundaries Award will be awarded to a delegation of 5 or less delegates that has not been to SCSY in the past three years and is in need of financial assistance. If the delegation receives this award, the delegation fee and individual fees will be waived and housing and food accommodations will provided as needed during the conference. If you are a new delegation and hope to bring more than 5 delegates, this award will only cover the fees for 5.
The Group Delegation Award waives the Delegation Fee, which ranges from $85 to $100. This award will be granted to ONE delegation that has demonstrated financial need and dedication to the values of Model UN and SCSY. Applicants should apply as a delegation.
Individual Delegate Award
The Individual Delegate Award waives the Individual Delegate Fee, which ranges from $170 to $215. This award will be granted to a few individuals that have demonstrated financial need and dedication to the values of Model UN and SCSY. Applicants should apply individually.
Housing and Meals
SCSY is willing to provide on-campus housing in Yale dormitories for those who are unable to pay for other accommodations. We are also able to potentially provide access to meal swipes at Yale or food stipends if there is demonstrated need. Please fill out this form for this special request.