SCSY specially encourages international delegations and delegates to attend. In the past, we have welcomed delegates from around the world, including Canada, UK, China, India and more. The SCSY Secretariat itself includes many international students and is willing to work with international delegations to enable them to attend SCSY.
The Yale International Relations Association hosts more than 600 international students every year across its various conferences and has a wealth of experience providing such letters so that international delegations can visit the US and attend SCSY.
Please register first and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org for visa letters.
TRANSPORT - AIR AND GROUND
New Haven, the city where Yale University is located, does not have an international airport. However, the city is very easily accessible from the following airports:
- Bradley International Airport (BDL), Hartford, Connecticut (52 miles and ~45 minutes from Yale): a no-hassle alternative to New York airports but does not always have direct international flights.
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), Flushing, New York (73 miles and ~2 hours from Yale): a smaller, quieter New York airport but does not always have direct international flights.
- John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK), Jamaica, New York (80 miles and ~2 hours from Yale): the largest and busiest New York airport which has all the direct international flights.
- Newark Airport (EWR), Newark, New Jersey (93 miles and ~2.5 hours from Yale): A large and moderately busy airport.
Once you land, you can reach New Haven and Yale University in many ways:
- GO Airport Shuttle Connecticut: takes you directly to Yale University - Phelps Gate from BDL, JFK, LGA and EWR.
- Connecticut Limousine: takes you directly to Yale University - Phelps Gate from BDL, JFK, LGA and EWR.
- NYC Airporter: takes you from JFK, LGA and EWR to Grand Central Terminal. Take a Metro North train from Grand Central to New Haven Union Station. From New Haven Union Station, take a Yale shuttle (free) or taxi to Phelps Gate.
- CTTRANSIT 30-Bradley Flyer Bus: takes you from BDL to Hartford Union Station. Take a Metro North from Hartford Union Station to New Haven Union Station. From New Haven Union Station, take a Yale shuttle (free) or taxi to Phelps Gate.
For more details, please visit http://to.yale.edu/fly and http://www.visitnewhaven.com/visitorinfo/transportation.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
The Security Council Simulation at Yale's committee sessions and conference events are all conducted in English language. Delegates are expected to possess a working proficiency of English. However, we are ready to help mitigate other language barriers that may arise: our team speaks English, Chinese (Mandarin, Taiwanese), Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Urdu, Hindi, and Arabic. Most other languages can be made available. Please contact email@example.com for any requests and queries.
Please visit our financial aid page for more details. We understand that international delegations and delegates face greater financial barriers to attending the conference. SCSY's limited finances mean that we cannot cover airfare and other transport costs. However, we will give preference to new international delegations for our financial aid awards (which reduce conference attendance fees) and accommodation arrangements (we can host some delegates in Yale student dorms). Some other recommendations follow:
- Metro North Group Travel discounts: Save up to 50% on the trains to New Haven Union Station. You need to register your travel at least two weeks in advance.